Monday, March 26, 2012

Axial Racing's SCX10 Build

So here is my progress so far.  I have done a couple effective tricks, that will allow my truck to climb better.  let me know what you think!

Original SCX10
Here is my SCX10 stock out of the box.














Original Bumper
First off I removed the bumper.














Here I decided to hack off the corners of the bumper.  this will give me a better approach.














After hacking about an inch of the sides, I feel that it is complete.














Next I will be removing the Shocks.  I have also moved the battery to the front of my rig, for a more realistic weight portion.














Here I am removing the Shock bumper, to give me a little more articulation when climbing.


















I took some pliers and clipped the rubber bumpers off, I also gave the springs more room to extend, adjusting the nut at the top of the shock.



















Side view completed, you can see a slight lift on the Rig.














Here is the front profile of the truck finished, for this first minor modification.


















Now it was time for a little test run!  Back yard crawling.


















This is my first update, for my progress with the SCX10.  I will be posting more updates and also hidden secrets.... like Axial racing's secret menu of accessories to build a more scale look!

Till next time,
Artothebeat
back on the West Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment